Friday 18 April 2008

Leaving New Orleans

Tomorrow I fly out of New Orleans. It's a lovely city. Big old houses line the streets, music permeates everything and a sense of unity abides in the people. Shared suffering I think it is.

I went and bought a new GPS in Walmart tonight - £75 for a Tom Tom 1! And it worked a treat. I took it out in the car, typed in Chili's, and it took me to my favourite restaurant. The ribs are still unbeatable........

There's something I love about the USA - the food, the weather, the freedom, being away from work and stress, time to think, the cheap prices - or maybe all these things. But in many ways I wish I lived here a bit more than I do.

Talked to the kids on Skype - that was great. Miss them a lot.

For those of you who haven't heard, my brother Mervyn's getting married. Yes, you read that right - Mervyn is getting hitched. June 7th is the big day and I'm really happy for him. Companionship will do him the world of good.

That's about it for tonight - tomorrow I fly to Daytona Beach and drive down to Orlando. Weather is in he mid-80's. Life's tough!

No comments: