Saturday 19 April 2008

Larry's gone


Most of you will know that Larry Norman passed away a few weeks ago. I still find it hard to credit. He could be a real pain in the arse (can't we all), but boy was he a gifted communicator. And he loved Jesus.

Thre's lots of stuff on youtube about him, but if you nothing about Larry - have a look at the video they showed at his memorial service. It's on his website here.

http://www.larrynorman.com/multimedia.html

It brought back so many wonderful memories and brought a tear to my eye - many tears actually. He was truly one of a kind. In a very real way it also had a profound effect on me. Larry IS gone now, and only what he did for Jesus remains and matters. As I sit here this week trying to figure out the way forward, it's only the lasting things that I will do for and with Jesus that will matter. One day people will blog about me after I am gone (well, hopefully someone will!) and I hope there are lasting things that I have done which will make a difference. Sounds trite but it's so true. Miss you Larry.

No comments: