Monday 29 December 2008

A genuine gent


Someone bought me Bill Gaither's biography for Christmas. I read all 250 pages in one day. Fabulous book. Wonderful man.
I've been involved in promoting Christian music for over 25 years. When I was asked to do the Gaithers last year, various people around me thought I'd lost the plot. They weren't current, they weren't cool. Well this much I can tell you. A more genuine, nicer, more committed bunch of people I have yet to meet, never mind work with. I've worked with many of the current CCM stars, and they're not fit to polish Mr G's boots! As a promoter you do get to see people as they really are. Sometimes it can take a few years, but you get there in the end. Sometimes you wish you didn't.
At the age of 72, Bill's still going strong. After more than 25 MILLION DVD's and another 25 MILLION albums. Congratulations Sir, it could not happen to a nicer man.

No comments: