Sunday 27 May 2007

Looking for a Daddy


I sit here with tears in my eyes, in fact streaming down my face, as I think of things around me.

This adoption thing just won't let me go. I still haven't persuaded Steve Curtis Chapman to change his mind and play Belfast on August 2nd. But I'm trying. So I was reading a bit more background material on him to try to find the key to persuading him.

Anyway, I ended up at his adoption site again. And then I clicked on to a page listing little kids waiting for adoption. Little ready made families for someone, normal little boys who love computer games and normal things. But they have no families.

My mind couldn't help but go to my own two little boys. Daniel's 9 (I think!) and Ryan's 6. Today we wrestled, played the computer and hugged a lot. And we went out for dinner. We had fun. And we laughed. What a cruel world that deprives little children of the joy of parental affection. I can't help but imagine my two boys sitting in a home somewhere waiting.......and hoping.....to be loved. It breaks my heart to even think about it.

Give thanks to God tonight that you have a home. That you have parents who love you. And shed a tear for these little kids who have to keep on waiting and hoping.

The web-site is here.

No comments: