Wednesday 23 May 2007

God's calling?




Bear with me on this one.... About three weeks ago I agreed to host a gig with Steve Curtis Chapman. Looks now like the gig has fallen through but that neither here nor there.

As sometimes happens, you know the artist and you know a bit about them, but as soon as you sign a concert you go and dig a bit. Find out what makes them tick, who they really are. It soon became obvious that Steve is driven by the issue of adoption. He has adopted three beautiful little chinese girls (see above)

That really got me thinking about adoption and the chance we have to TOTALLY turn around a life in Jesus' name. I was running this over in my mind for a few days but forgot the issue a little when I went to Glasgow with Third Day. After the gig I'm sitting in the Hilton talking to Brad the guitarist and we're discussing flying. He tells me he's just been to Australia, how long it took and so on, Then he tells me that he's taking his whole family to China next month. "Holiday?" I ask. No, going to collect a little girl we've just adopted, he tells me. I could barely hide my excitement for him. And he could barely contain his. So it was back on my "thought" agenda again.

Yesterday I agreed to host Tony Campolo next May in Belfast, with an American artist called Geoff Moore. Went to Geoff's website - guess what? TWO chinese orphan daughters! I think God's telling me something. Here are Geoff's girls....



Geoff points out that adoption is a perfect picture of God's relationship with us. He chose us, he gave us the rights of His children. He adopted us. Should we be prepared to do any less?

2 comments:

Joanna said...

i had typed a comment but lost it somewhere on the WWW!! im totally onboard for a friendly faces trip to China - we can smuggle bibles and everything!!! there is a major amount of persecution of Christians in China and lotsof underground churches and stuff so that would be way cool. Also i recall being told years ago that for some reason the families wanted boy kids and of girl kids were put in orphanages as a result of this, which may explain why all the kids adopted were girls. totally something worht looking into. loving your vision man!!

JanLeSqueeze said...

Hey Trev!!! Wowie!!! China stuff is literally everywhere at the moment!!Was lookin at furniture the other day with dad when this man was bummin about a recent trip to a furniture factory in China....which was crammd with men workin under a tin roof ....no AC...just hoses on the roof to keep the tin coolih!!!???....like wha?!!!The man thot this was cool...?! All i could say was...where is the fair trade in that?....and left....minus furniture might i ad!!!...rage??!! I'm up for a FF trip to China!!! let me know when u r headin ;O) Prayers 4that!!